Wednesday 26 September 2007

2 months already?


Wow. It's hard to believe we've been here for 2 months!! Where did the time go? Our year long adventure began on the 26th of July, 2007. We touched down in Heathrow and have not stopped since. So far life in the UK has been everything we imagined it would be and more. We've been to London, Oxford, Bath, Bristol, Wales, Ireland, Stonehenge and lots of other little places in between. We've boated on the Thames, seen water bubbling up in Bath's sacred springs, sailed across the Irish sea on a high-speed ferry, and walked the paths of the ancient druids. We've had pub lunches, riverside picnics and Irish feasts. We've walked the halls of Hogwarts (or Lacock Abbey), and won prizes in local reading festivals (Delaney won a draw prize last week). The kids are loving their school, Tom is working hard at his course, and I'm having fun meeting people from all over the world.


It's an opportunity of a lifetime being here, and we're not going to let it pass us by!


So, that said, I'd like to update you all on the past few months, share a few pics (so as to not completely block up your email inboxes) and give you a general impression of life so far and what's to come. It may take me a while to get caught up to the current happenings as we've been so busy! Bear with me if you can.


B

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, am I honored!! I get to leave the first ever comment on your new blog. Sounds like fun over there but no I am not jealous. Yes, we are still here in sleepy Greenwood. Nice to see you are making the most of your time Brenda. We miss you all.

Tracy, Paul, Cameron and Paige

tapp robinson said...

What a great blog! Keep it coming!
I have enjoyed the history lesson and am jealous of all the places you have been and seen. A great experience for all.
I hope everyone, including my buddy, Zeke, is doing great. Love the school uniforms.
Ivy and Scott will celebrate their 4th anniversary this Thursday, the 4th. Can't believe it has been 4 years since Shane and Delaney were in their wedding. My, time truly does FLY!
Kisses and love to all and a BIG SMOOCH for ZEKE!
tapp
Elizabeth City, NC

MyTime said...

Hi Guys,
I love the blog too! So nice that you are getting to so many places, and doing so many things. The kids love the Abby from Harry Potter. They want to come see it too.
All is in Ontario.
May head to NB this weekend to see everyone.
Love ya
Kathy

Heidi Haislip said...

What an amazing job you have done on this site. I must admit it is my first, ever, experience with a blog. Keep the pictures and story coming. I think of you often. You are such an amazing family.

Heidi, Jay, Hunter, Holly

Overdunne said...

great job!
love Shane